Last Friday, pickles created by Will and Ozone students soundly defeated Mt. Olive Pickles in the Pickle Taste Test Finals. Here is the recipe for the champion pickles:
- 4 fresh dill heads
- pickling cucumbers
- 8 1/2 cups water
- 3 1/2 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Top and tail cucumber and cut to preference
- Place cucumbers in a bowl of ice water for 8 hours minimum
- Dice garlic and add to a large heavy bottomed pot with water, vinegar, salt, & sugar
- Bring to a boil
- In your dishwasher, place empty jars and run on a sanitize cycle (a cycle that runs for a minimum of 30 minutes over 180%)
- Allow jars to cool and stuff them with the cucumbers from your ice bath and your dill.
- Fill each jar with your boiled brine.
- Fit each jar with a lid and refrigerate for 4 weeks.